Good all round machine – value for money, good results, easy to clean. I’ve been using this for around five months now and it’s still working fine ad gives good results. I wasn’t sure about juicing, so bought this as it was far less expensive than many of the others. One thing i have noticed was that i need to clean the mesh filter job after a short while to extract maximum juice – a minor niggle – and i wondered if this is just the price paid for a budget juicer – but no, not so: i was just watching joe cross’ film “fat, sick and nearly dead 2” and wondering what he used and he uses the breville machines – sold here in the uk as sage / heston blumenthal @ a tidy £149 – £279 – and so i watched some of the videos on using those to see what the advantages are. Well the guy demonstrating them also recommends cleaning the mesh during juicing, for the same reason. The only advantage i can see in spending that amount of money is that it’s a more powerful motor – and it has their unique “froojie” disk, for pulping soft fruits like bananas (you can’t juice these in any centrifugal juicer including the brevilles). Their top of the range ones also have all metal bodies. But really, for an extra £110 – £240 do you mind?. I am in the fortunate position of being able to afford to upgrade if i felt i ought – but i don’t: this machine works well, produces good results, is easy to clean, is stable in use and has been reliable – of and it comes with a two year guarantee, which i just noticed i have to register for (and haven’t yet – damn). As a footnote: it is quite noisy – i have not used another juicer and so have nothing to compare it with, but it is equivalent to the noise of using a food processor or vacuum cleaner; this may be the same for all, just thought i’d mention it.
I bought it at 70% off and i feel it really does it’s job well. Not much noisy and there is no need to buy any expensive juicers in the market when you have such a good product.
VonShef Whole Fruit Juicer Professional Centrifugal Juice Extractor Powerful and Low Noise at 990W – with a Juice Jug & Cleaning Brush
- Voted by Great British Food Magazine as one of their Top 5 Juicers on the market (May 2013), if you’re looking to lose weight, give fitness levels a boost or just improve your health in general, choose the VonShef Professional Fruit Juicer. Use the VonShef Juicer regularly and you could see positive results and enjoy a healthier, happier lifestyle all round!
- High quality Stainless Steel finish and contemporary sleek design instantly enhances the look of any modern kitchen. Features a large 2L detachable pulp container – helping to keep mess to a minimum. This fantastic centrifugal juicer provides fast and efficient juicing and is suitable for a wide variety of fruits and vegetables up to 7.5 cm in diameter.
- 990W maximum power motor is big on performance but low on noise – much quieter than many other models currently on the market. Robust Stainless Steel blades work at high speeds to shred fruit and veg into small pieces. Centrifugal force then gets to work on extracting the juice content, pressing the pulp through the mesh filter.
- Impressive 2 speed rotary dial lets you juice at 15000 rpm or 18000, perfect for both soft and hard fruits. Large chute can process whole fruits and vegetables without the need to pre-cut or slice.
- Easy to clean – all removable parts are dishwasher safe for convenient juicing and minimum fuss.
My only gripes: too noisy, and takes a lot of cleaning up after use. Also, takes up a bit of space in the kitchen, too.
VonShef Whole Fruit Juicer Professional Centrifugal Juice Extractor Powerful and Low Noise at 990W – with a Juice Jug & Cleaning Brush : I have been using the juicer for about three months now. I have limited funds and after reading reviews and looking at specs decided this was excellent value for money – and i have no regrets. This does leave the pulp moister than i’d like and i had planned to put it through a second time but as much ends up in the lid as in the waste container and it was just too fiddly so i don’t bother. One other occasional problem is getting the plunger in quickly enough – certain fruit/veg can end up sprayed over your kitchen if you are not careful as i obviously haven’t been more than oncecleaning is easy. I found a lidl’s medium freezer bag fits over the waste container (with the top of the bag’s handles/ties cut open) so that’s one item i don’t have to worry about. The brush for cleaning the mesh was not good – it kept getting stuck in the mesh – so i use a denture brush and it’s so much better. I just dump it face down in the sink, brush the outer mesh and rim and, after a quick rinse, any residue is quickly cleared with another quick brush. Every home should have a denture brush whether you have dentures or not – brilliant for cleaning awkward corners etc. Sadly i have felt no benefit from juicing – but i have got an autoimmune condition so my body doesn’t work properly.