Works well, 5th unit, smarthings is great.
Works well, just a bit pricey. Works well, just a bit pricey when you are buying then in the 10s of units for all your doors and windows.
I’m a lightwaverf user (it’s an alternative home automation system). I have 20ish on/off plugs and relays. The system is good – but without the ability to see a devices current ‘state’ and a ‘hub to device’ only network – i wanted more reliability. When i clicked ‘on’ i wanted to know it would be on – wherever i was in the world. So i purchased this smartthings hub – the app interface is great, it’s also got basic necessary features that lightwaverf just seems to miss – like the ability to rename devices and move them from room-to-room. It also has monitoring (device specific) so you can see power consumption – and supports amazon alexa command ‘outside lights on’.The ability to have a sensor in your garage turn on your hallway lights and other cool tricks mean most people will be very happy with this system. Here are the specifications for the Samsung SmartThings Starter Kit –:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- SmartThings is the easy way to turn your home into a smart home
- Control, automate and monitor your home from anywhere using the SmartThings app
- The Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit contains: One Samsung SmartThings hub, two Samsung SmartThings multipurpose sensors, one Samsung SmartThings motion sensor and one Samsung SmartThings outlet
- Get immediate alerts on your smartphone if there’s unexpected entry or motion in your home
- Secure dangerous, valuable or off-limit areas of your home
Cheapest product in the category and works great.
Although i bought this somewhat late in our move to a smart home, it has been really easy to adapt. It works with belkin, osram and philips smart things among others, as well as with alexa (amazon echo or echo dot). It is simple to set up and is very responsive. If i were to be starting from scratch with smart home, i would buy the samsung samsung smartthings starter kit – white starter kit. You should also check out the amazon guide to smart homes: https://www. Uk/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_smartgri_7a1?node=6170872031&pf_rd_m=a3p5rokl5a1ole&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=6rah0vkqk29gzx0r4av0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1cc833b4-08f6-4e1d-b033-9a4f145dd6f8&pf_rd_i=4370276031.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Cheapest motion sensor around
- Works with Fibaro and alexa.
- Best purchase to date
Overal fantastic, buy some spare batteries as they resolve any problems that start occurring.
Very good item, connects to my wemo bulbs better and. Very good item, connects to my wemo bulbs better and quicker than original belkin hub. Quite big range of third party devices can be connected to it.