I am really inot grinding spices and other items to make a paste for stir fry, curry etc and this works very well. The only small concern is that there are two pieces that fit one inside the other, the inner one is ridged and you have to grasp it through 2 windows” in ther outer one to take them apart and you need really dry hands to do that otherwise it is hard. Be sure to read the instructinos carefully though.
Fab product as it blends linseed and pumpkin seeds. Excellent for grinding seeds.
Just bought my second one. . I agree with the other reviews. I have had one for 5 years, in constant use until first a puff of smoke and then it tried to electrocute me. So i scoured the internet for a replacement. There is nothing around that performs as well. I ended up buying another one. I think the trick is to make sure that wet ingredients don’t overflow (not easy sometimes) and drop into the motor housing. Hier sind die Spezifikationen für die Revel CCM104CH Wet N Dry Grinder:
- 280W mains powered Wet and Dry Grinder. A versatile grinder that allows you grind fresh herbs, spices, fruits and vegetables and coffee beans, nuts, peppercorns and dry spices in the same cup
- Now with a new and improved cup, metal housing around the base and bottom of the cup and through the internal blade housing, making it extremely durable
- Removable cup for that is easy handle and clean. All removable parts of the grinder are dishwasher safe. Grinder also comes with spatula to remove contents of the grinder cup safely
- Ideal for making yogurts, dips, sauces, chutney’s and even puree baby food to a fine paste and also grind coffee beans, peppercorns and most dry spices
- Compact Revel Wet N Dry Grinder 9.6cm x 9.6cm x 19.3cm – Cup capacity 45g. The grinder comes with a one year warranty
I have had two of these grinders. The first one broke when i was making a large batch of garam masala. I obviously overdid it, but i only use it in short bursts. However, i was so impressed with the results, i bought another. To date, it is working well, but i am very cautious with it. I certainly would not grind a nutmeg in it, but i do grind coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugeek and such like because the spices are so much fresher and keep longer if you grind them rather than using powders. If it lasts me a year, i will be happy and will buy another again.
The best grinder i’ve ever had, but flawed. A wet and dry grinder is the most indispensable item in our kitchen, since my family loves to grind up pastes, pesto and the like on a daily basis – not to mention grinding spices and nutsthis grinder, when it works, does the best grinding job i’ve ever experienced in the home. But all sorts of things go wrong with it – in two years i’ve actually had 3 of these, all broken – i’m now on my 4th. You may think i’m a glutton for punishment, but like i said, absolutely nothing out there works as well as these little monsters. My advice to anyone desperate for a good grinder is, buy it from lakeland, (they will happily replace it for you) and use it with your fingers crossed.
Kommentare von Käufern :
- Good grinder but poor design
- Fab product as it blends linseed and pumpkin seeds!
- Nice piece of kit – shame the bowl isn’t bigger
Nice piece of kit – shame the bowl isn’t bigger. Very impressed with this – it certainly takes a lot of effort out of making up pastes etc. I was a bit wary of other users comments on this site but if you’re careful to only use the grinder for 5 second bursts and allow 5 seconds to rest between bursts (as recommended by revel) then i’m sure the grinder will last the distance. To test, i filled the bowl with cashew nuts and with 5 seconds of grinding they were almost entirely reduced to powder. Although there were still a few chunks left, another quick blitz and they were gone. This would have taken several minutes hard labour even with my massive granite mortar and pestel. The next test was a bit more severe. I had dry fried about 100g of desicated coconut, 12 garlic cloves, cinnamon bark, cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, 4 dried thai chilies and a whole chopped onion. All together, this lot practically filled a 12″ frying pan. The grinder bowl is on the small side so grinding the above mixture had to be done in many batches. Besten Revel CCM104CH Wet N Dry Grinder