Excellent image quality and very intuitive to use, also power cable is long enough to reach right around the edge of the windscreen on my fiat motorhome.
Fantastic value, works perfectly. . Have now bought three of these, the images and video are very good quality even at night. In these days of ‘crash for cash’ i don’t believe anyone should be without this brilliant piece of kit but don’t be fooled into buying cheaper dashcams which don’t have gps incorporated as this one proves where you were and how fast you were travelling. This is great value for money, great protection against scammers and could save your insurance deductible and protect your no claims bonus. ### update ###just purchased another for my son who was caught out by (let’s just say) foreigners in a crash for cash in his van. It cost him a £600 deductible. A clear road at less than 30mph in single line road works, driver in front stopped dead for absolutely no reason so there was nowhere to swerve without danger, there were of course no witnesses and the scammer claimed for all sorts of spurious injuries etc. If he had had one of these at the time the scam would have been clear and he would have saved his ncb and his £600.
MIO MiVue 698 Dual Extreme HD 1296p DashCam
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Dash cam with rear view camera included – your eyewitness on front and backside, for optimal safety on the road
- Front camera: Extreme HD recording – 2304 x 1296 at 30 fps – with the latest H.264 technology for high quality videos at a smaller file|
- Rear camera: 1080p Full HD recording at 30 fps – with the latest H.264 technology for high quality videos at a smaller file size|
- Safety camera warnings – free safety camera data with monthly updates for the lifetime of your device|
- GPS tracking – automatically records your driving information, including speed, altitude, longitude, latitude and heading|
Hopefully i just got a bad one, will update on the replacement in a. Had this now a couple of weeks and have had some problems. Not all journeys where recorded, and the screen froze 3 times. The wifi takes at least 30 mins to download a clip so not very helpful. The quality of the recording is ok but the sound on mine was muffled. Having said all that i have ordered a replacement but not the wifi version. Hopefully i just got a bad one, will update on the replacement in a few weeks.
Fits neatly next to the mirror with the display visible. It is plugged into the cigarette lighter so always turns on when the car is started. Replays are good with ability to store parked files as well as driving ones or reduce the parked storage to leave more room for driving files. Feel securer after having had a moped hit me and they didn’t report it so i nearly had to share the blame but the other driver’s insurance eventually paid up.
Very pleased with this item. . Like other reports i recommend this item easy to use very good value.