Nice highs and lows; a little lacking in the mid-range. But at this price range i think they’re great.
First monitors ive ever heard in my life, and these fill my heart with love and happiness, literally soo happy with them, havent noticed any defects or cons for now.
M-Audio BX5 D2 Compact 2 Way Active Studio Monitor Speakers (for Music Production and Mixing, 5 inch), Pair
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Professional class A/B bi-amplified design with 70 W of distributed power for studio-grade cohesive, accurate sound. Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Superior transparent sound quality: 5 inch low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows and 1 inch high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Versatile, conveniently located XLR balanced and 1/4 inch balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear and more
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment ensuring accurate sonic reproduction – ideal for complex studio setup configurations
- Extended low-frequency response down to 56 Hz courtesy of optimized rear ports that minimize air turbulence and acoustic distortion; includes two isolation pads and pinhole power LEDs tailored for accurate positioning and convenient identification of the optimum listening position
- Ensure the speaker is well ventilated and not pushed flat up against a wall. Check for clipping in the signal chain. Check panning to ensure that an equal signal is being sent to both left and right speakers. Check fuses if the speaker isn’t powering up. Try swapping cables and audio sources.
The speakers were the ideal product as i was looking for studio quality speakers and these give me the real sound that i was intending for, so if you have a tight budget and want studio quality these are the 1ns for the job.
Good quality of sound, my son is very happy.
Awesome starter speakers for anyone learning serious mixing. . These speakers are the best speakers for learning how to get bass right. They are the reason that i am a professional record producer today. Ignore the nay-sayers, get bass right with these and you’ll have a solid grounding – it will however take you upmost of 4/5 years to start getting it really right. I know you’re all thinking ‘nah. ‘ but come back in 5 years and agree with me. Rome certainly wasn’t built in a day. Also make sure that you get your room right or you’ll forever be compensating low end boom and wool – but that’s the fun of learning what good sound is.
M-Audio BX5 D2 Compact 2 Way Active Studio Monitor Speakers (for Music Production and Mixing, 5 inch), Pair : Of course there are exceptions to the rule (a £10k cabinet of a line array system is going to sound better than a hifi bought on the high street). Monitor speakers (generally) bridge the gap between hifi and pa. Theyre required to have the spl and connectivity of a pa and the audio nuances of hi-fi, of course there are exceptions to the rule (a £10k cabinet of a line array system is going to sound better than a hifi bought on the high street). The point is these bx-8s do the job perfectly. An 8 inch driver negates the need for a separate sub-woofer. The connectivity is as youd expect from a professional grade speakers. Ive got them connected to a roland drum kit. Theyre louder than any acoustic drum kit would be and the quality (in my opinion) vastly outweighs the price tag. If it helps, i run a cedia accredited company and id recommend these professionally.