When i got these out of the box i thought omg how small are these, they can be any good. But omg how the hell can something so small sound so good. These are amazing and take up no room at all. Well worth getting if space is an issue.
The people in these comments are stupid, people moaning about how these are blowing up, these speaker are build well but for not playing for like dj. Myself i do play loud and bass music but be careful.
M-Audio AV42 Active Compact Desktop Reference Monitor Speakers for Professional Media Creation – Pair
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Premium sound reproduction: 4 inch polypropylene-coated woofers produce tight, accurate bass and 1 inch Ferro fluid-cooled silk cone tweeters produce clear, pristine highs
- 20 W per channel amplifier and opt Image IV tweeter wave guides for superior, punchy sound reproduction and uncompromised sonic imaging
- Versatile, conveniently located RCA inputs for seamless connection to gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers and more
- Front-panel 1/8 inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop, desktop computer, MP3 player or other audio sources with a 1/8 inch output
- Easily-accessible front-panel 1/8 inch headphone output for private listening; acoustically inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound, wrapped in an elegant black vinyl laminate finish
- Note: The AV32 and AV42 speakers feature built-in thermal protection that can help to prevent permanent damage from occurring in the event the speakers are overloaded. When the signal level is too high for the speakers to sustain, the audio will be interrupted, or the speakers may shut down temporarily. Turn the power switch on the rear of the speakers to the OFF position, wait 2 minutes, and turn the speakers back ON. Reduce the signal level by A) turning the volume knob on the front of the speaker down or B) turn the volume down on the external audio source (i.e. your iPhone).
At first they sound really flat and unimpressive, but after you burn in on high volume for a few days, the sound is really clear, punchy and they even sound basy if you adjust them a little.
I bought these mainly for the purpose of making and mixing songs. These are the first set of speakers that i’ve had so for the price they are great.
Great speakers, really am impressed. Not too bassy, as some have said. Maybe it`s their `mix` thats too bassy.
M-Audio AV42 Active Compact Desktop Reference Monitor Speakers for Professional Media Creation – Pair : As someone who experiences “frisson”, sound quality is very important to me. Put simply, these speakers do not disappoint and definitely punch above their weight class in terms of price. My only niggling issue would be that the power switch is on the back of the left speaker — ideally the switch should be combined with the volume control, either in the form of a push button or turning it fully to the left to click it off — but it’s genuinely a minor issue and does not prevent me giving these speakers a well-deserved 5 stars. To give some context to my review, i use an asus xonar d2 sound card in my computer and have my output set to 48khz at 16-bit, since i have no audio sources that go beyond this.