I have bought 10 of these units for schools to use with next generation interactive white boards. The quality and build far better than other products i looked at.
Tried couple of cheaper options but, for the price, this is the neatest looking, especially fitted under lg47la690v and works fine. Obviously not full surround but with wireless sub hidden away and choice of sound modes a decent cinema sound can be obtained. Be aware, that sub can be very loud.
For the price this is great. A tip from supplier, get an optical cable to connect to tv if possible, this will ensure all sound is routed correctly. Bluetooth works great from ipod. No real setting up required. Drops a star as original power supply didn’t work. Here are the specifications for the LG Electronics LG NB5530A 2:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Elegantly designed with Premium black & metalic silver finish naturally complements your latest TV design and beautifully blends into your living room.
- The Ultra Slim Design of 35mm height means the NB5530A perfectly fits under your TV with no disturbance of TV watching and this elegant speaker bar looks impeccable with 55″ TV’s
- Wall Mountable Slim Design – Fine tune your living space to your individual preference. Stylish design matches perfectly with a slim TV when wall-mounted, giving your living space a modern touch.
- Wireless Active Subwoofer – Free from Wires! LG’s wireless active subwoofer allows you to enjoy superb sound quality with distinctive style in any location.
- LG Sound Sync – No connection needed! Simply connect your LG speaker systems to the TV and enjoy its rich sounds wirelessly via BluetoothTM.(Disclaimer : It’s available only with ’13 LG TV.)
Good sound good facility’sboy only improves sound but seems to improve picture as well. Usb mp3 playback is a great music source fells a large room no problem.
The design is excellent and unobtrusive. Bluetooth pairing just worksdolby digital through ps3 and xbox 360/blurray sound amazing. * sound through the tv doesnt sound great at all, very boxy sounding. * the manual is not the best, some pigeon english in there. * for some reason dts output sounds muffled compared to dolby digital. * can only get dts or dolby digital output through hdmi in and optical port. I was hoping i could connect 4 devices to my tv via hdmi and then connect hdmi2 (arc) to the hdmi out on the lg sound bar and have all 4 devices forward dolby and dts sound through the arc into the nb4530a. This however does not work (when pressing info on the remote it is always pcm). Has anyone confirmed this??.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Excellent sound bar
- Surpassed expectations
- Non better at present in this price range.
Was looking for something with a bit oomph and this sound bar delivers. Lovely soundabar and huge sub but quite nice also the sub. Gives off nice sound to films and music. Good enough to fill a living room.
Good clear sound and the wireless bluetooth sub woofer is a great feature.