These are the best headphones i’ve ever listened to. I recently owned p7s and these are a step up in quality from those with extra clarity depending on the quality of recordings you are listening to with a more detailed open sound you will hearextra detail in songs that you hadn’t heard beforepros: incredible rich sound with excellent bass and clear treble without being harshcons: still expensive but a worthy investment.
The best headphones i ever had. . These are the best headphones i ever had. Bowers & wilkins products are consistently excellent.
I love the b&w range of headphones so i as only too eager to try these especially as these are the 50th anniversary signature release. B&w generally release a special edition speakers when celebrating milestones, but these come at a huge premium over their standard range. So this is a first and also the most affordable special edition release from b&w even though these are very expensive set of headphones. These b&w headphones are the largest over ear headphones in the range, larger than the p7. To stand out, these are also the only b&w headphones which are brown. The construction of these headphones are exquisite. Beautiful cross hatched leather sounding the outside of the cups and headband. Anodised aluminium frame which has a sense of engineering, beautiful chrome hinges and surrounds around the speaker. The cups have a memory foam with leather surround providing comfort for hours of use with plenty of space for air inside the cups helping with ventilation and sound enhancement.
Key specs for Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature HiFi Over Ear Headphones, Wired, Italian Leather:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- PRISTINE SOUND – The P9 Signature delivers pristine sound that takes you to the very heart of your favorite music. Crystal clear treble, insightful midrange, and a deep solid bottom end combine for a breathtaking performance.
- LUXURIOUS MATERIALS – The P9 Signature over-ear headphones are exquisitely crafted from luxuriously high quality materials. Italian Saffiano leather for a supple feel, and forged, foldable aluminum arms for greater durability and headband strength. The P9 Signature also come with an Italian Alcantra carry case.
- PROPRIETARY ANGLED DRIVERS – New proprietary piston diaphragm speaker drivers deliver a unique, coloration-free audio experience. The angled drivers bring a more natural surround sound feel as the music comes from the front, rather than the sides.
- HIFI COMFORT – Uniquely vented, multi-layer memory foam cushions combine with the high-quality leather used on the ear-pads and headband to deliver an incredibly comfortable experience. Listen for hours.
- DECOUPLED HEADBAND – P9 Signature’s headband cleverly decouples each earcup. This stops unwanted vibration transmitting between each earcup and the headband, resulting in impeccable sound.
- Angled drivers for realistic sound
Comments from buyers
“*Updated* View these as hi-fi quality headphones that can also be used with a phone/tablet if you want to get your money’s worth, The best headphones I ever had., Luxurious in every sense although very expensive. Need to be driven hard!”
I’ve been an audiophile for over a decade and own several high end valve amps and speakers. I was usually cynical about how much audio experience headphones can bring compared to what you would hear from fine-tuned high end audio system. But i was utterly blown away by the quality of the sound produced by these headphones. I reckon these headphones were designed under b&w’s philosophy to bring the in-room high end audio experiences to the headphones and did a magnificent job in that. The only downside for the most of people is that these are quite chunky to carry and wear outdoors and not so soundproofed that people next to you can hear the sound leaking out of them. Reversly, they are very weak in noise cancellation and may not be the best choice if you want something to listen to when travelling in trains or airplanes. Simply put, these are the headphones most desirable for serious music listeners who want some sort of sophisticated audio experiences in quiet places and are very analytical to the sounds of various musical instruments (strings, wind, piano, etc) probablly in the genre of classical music.
The sound excellent pay for p 9 best p7 so so.
Luxurious in every sense although very expensive. Bowers and wilkins may not be quite as familiar a brand as will others but they have long been a prestigious british manufacturer of loudspeakers and more recently of headphones. B&w have always held a reputation for quality, not just build but for sound reproduction and some of their loudspeakers have been used for reference purposes by recording studios as they are considered for their accurate reproduction. It should be noted that they are low impedance but do not produce the same type of audio level as other phones may. A headphone amplifier may be an essential addition whatever your setup. Although their impedance is within the scope of devices supporting 16ohm phones and up, they are wholly unsuited for use with any mobile device and may not match well even if a portable headphone amp were used; they were tried with one such pair of devices purely as a test and were almost inaudible when the high impedance setting was used on the player and volume on both components were set to maximum. Realistically, few would want to use a £700 pair of phones outdoorsthe p9 is the top-of-range headphone and the only one to be fully wired; some of the lesser models can be used wirelessly but allow a cable to be used should the power die or bluetooth not be available. The finish is luxurious with italian leather used over metal (mostly aluminium) rather than the plastics used by others. They are of a fully enclosed design and the ear-pieces are huge, fitting around the ears with room to spare.